Thursday, November 17, 2011

Girls Rhinebeck Trip







While I was home my mom and I did our trip over the Hudson river to Rhinebeck, NY. We have been doing little day trips over there since I was little, and always have the best time. 

Rhinebeck has some great thrift shops, restaurants and is just a cozy interesting place to walk around and check things out, especially in the fall. We had lunch at Gigi's, a little restaurant with great ambiance. I tried duck confit for the first time, in a sandwich with goat cheese and sliced pear. My mom had a great salad with roasted veggies like butternut squash in it. 

We walked around the shops and checked stuff out. We also has AMAZING luck at the thrift stores, maybe a little bit too much (I had to send a box of stuff to California before I left). My mom found this practically new, awesome leather jacket in the thrift store that fit perfectly.

Fun day : )


No comments:

Post a Comment