Saturday, September 24, 2011

Emerald Bay and Eagle Falls Hike

Last week, Owen and I ventured down the lake to Emerald Bay, which owns up to its name as the water is, indeed, emerald colored. Beautiful!



A quarter of the way up you get this great view of the bay.


Then you find the waterfalls, where we found a cute little area that inspired me to do a very inspiring pose.


Then we kept climbing, and climbing. Yes, I am out of shape. There were people in their eighties going up this mountain like it was nothing. If that doesn't inspire you to get your butt into shape, I don't know what does.


We finally got to the forest, where I was happy with the trees for providing us with blessed shade.



And we finally made it all the way up to Eagle Lake! Totally worth the trip. Sparkly water and beautiful surroundings.


And then the hike got a little P.G. as I was forced to jump in due to the hotness and my inclination to wear hot hot jeans on the hot hike. I didn't bring my bathing suit so my undergarments had to do. Luckily there were no other hikers in the near vicinity. 


Owen was a wimp and didn't jump in.


And then we went back down and got happy hour at Hacienda, the great land of two dollars tacos and one dollar beers and margaritas. Gotta love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment